Thank goodness it's October. That means September is over. With the last month being one of the most stressful I've had in a long time, I'm glad it's behind me.
Even though fall has started, the summer weather is reluctantly leaving us here in the Northwest. In my part of Oregon, we were very fortunate to have an extended summer with warm, dry days throughout the last month. I think that's one of the things that helped me get through starting my new job.
For Monday Listicles, Stasha assigned us the topic of ten things we must have for fall. Or autumn. Whatever you call it.
Ten Fall Must Haves
1. Leaves turning on our dogwoods and falling to the ground, creating a crunchy blanket to walk on.
2. Brilliant reds and yellows on the deciduous trees.
3. Wear a jacket in the morning weather.
4. Hot apple cider. A teacher in my school has the scent of apple-cinnamon coming from her classroom and even though I don't drink it very often, I crave a cup whenever I walk past.
5. Drinking tea with my husband before bed. It's been our nightly ritual during the cool weather months for the past several years. In fact, we're having our first cup tonight.
6. Wearing my fleece pullover before bed.
7. Giant pumpkins which become...
8. Jack o' Lanterns.
9. Soups and stews made in the crock-pot.
10. Thanksgiving. Family, food, relaxation, appreciation. It's one of my favorite holidays.
What is one of your must haves for fall/autumn?
P.S. I actually like the word 'autumn' much more, but I've always called it fall and people in my region call it that, too. Maybe when I have more energy and time I'll start a campaign to switch.